Archery Addix banner

1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at getting a semi auto shotty for dove, various birds and skeet....just want a good all.around gun.

What would you guys recommend? I don't want to zpe d a ton, 5-7 hundred is a good price range I think. I've been looking at a Weatherby SA-08.....Any thing I should look into?

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was trying to avoid spending 1500-1700 for a semiauto shotgun.

I know there are good guns in the sub 800 range. Just wanting to see if anyone has any experience with a "budget" type shotty.

Remington 1187
Used 1100
Weatherby sa-08
Beretta 300....I think....
Etc

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
1st Choice- Benelli Super Black Eagle ( I know u don't want to spend that much)

2nd- Choice is a Remington 1100 shoots great and is much cheaper than a Benelli. In Fact I won a state champion 6 years ago shooting Rem 1100, and beat guys shooting a $10,000 dollar Krieghoff.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Honestly I would feel like a poser if I spent that much money on a shotgun as a guy who recreationally shoots. That and I have some hunts lined up next year that will cost me some change.

I found an 1100, actually two of them and he wants 400 a piece. Look to be in good condition

·
Registered
11,903 Posts
I have an old school 1100 my gran daddy's. was my turkey hunt till 2 year ago. A few birds saw some death to that 3" chamber 30" long barrel. Like d I think a 1100 is a good way to go if action runs good

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Is a 2 3/4 chamber a deal breaker? Why would I want the ability to shoot a 3 or 3.5"?

I know these are noob questions, but other than handguns, I havnt much been into firearms.

Apparently the 1100's are 2 3/4 only and they have fixed choke barrels. Modified chokes which is what I would use for dove.....right?

·
Registered
11,903 Posts
Mine is 3" barrel. Year for dove but way in always see it is I'd rather have the 3.5 and not need it than need it and not have it if that makes sense

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I hear ya.....id love to be able to get a benelli vinci or super black eagle.....just don't think I can swing it this year.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I found the 1100 on texasbowhunter. He lives about 5 hours away and is willing to ship them on his dime. Says he will send me a video of him cycling the receiver. Idk if that's good enough, but it sounds like he inherited them from his mother.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Lot of animals have been on the wrong side of a 2 3/4 1100

🍻🇺🇸🍻

·
Registered
11,903 Posts
Yep jus wat doc said. But u go to pointin that 1100 at me well ima take it from u break it over my knee and just kick ur $$$ boy lol

1 - 20 of 131 Posts