Archery Addix banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am on a tight budget here and so I went shopping for a used second hand bow, for making a bow-fishing rig. Picked up an old used Hoyt compound bow a few weeks back. Thought that the strings would need to replaced probably just due to its being a bit old but at least it had no metal cables, pawn shop guy thought they were fine, but I didn't believe they were. The pawn shop guy came down a little bit on the price, but not much. Not sure how old the bow was but after like three shots back at home one of the crossover strings had threads sagging. So I stopped shooting it after that and got an appointment with a local bow re-stringer shop. Spent as much money on that complete re-string job as on the bow itself. Result have a nice reliable platform for a bow-fishing setup. Heres a so - so picture of the "New to Me" bow.

bowfish rig resize for web.jpg

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah , bow-fishing is new to me also. But my next door pal did a lots of it last year and after hearing all his stories I have to give it a try! He got two fish yesterday a Asian Carp and something he called a Grinnel (spelling not sure of). The waters are up all over out here, due to the ground being saturated and lots of rain, also its raining again today. He says if the water gets up and stays up then water visibility will clear up a bit and make seeing the fishes easy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts