Archery Addix banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting this thread for a few wound pics throughout the hunting season for the broadheads I will be shooting this season. The Silver Flame 100 & 125XL.

·
Premium Member
11,009 Posts
My first kill went 15 yards before dying. I have it on film and its awesome. The second bear went 20 yards. The outfitter was floored at how nasty these heads (125XL) are and the absolute carnage they create. I will post more pics tomorrow night when I am back in the states. I will NOT shoot anything except the 125XL from now on. Maybe a 150 or 180 XL in Africa, but thats it. Fly great and are devastating.

·
Super Moderator
20,509 Posts
DOAGuide said:
My first kill went 15 yards before dying. I have it on film and its awesome. The second bear went 20 yards. The outfitter was floored at how nasty these heads (125XL) are and the absolute carnage they create. I will post more pics tomorrow night when I am back in the states. I will NOT shoot anything except the 125XL from now on. Maybe a 150 or 180 XL in Africa, but thats it. Fly great and are devastating.

Well get that rush order of 125xls in and put me on the list

Nice work guys

·
Registered
764 Posts
You both bear hunters just proved one time again what it's all about regarding effective wound ballistics.

- A really clean cut through the vitals by holding the cutting edge as long as possible

- A deep (or better complete) penetration to maximize the size of the cut cross-section, allowing the blood to leave "the system" most easily

- A wider cut is more effective than so called "bleeder blades" since the main blade will cut more vessels instead of adding another cut in the same small area

Markus

·
Premium Member
11,009 Posts
I have a bunch of wound pics on my phone, but until I cross the border I can't send them to my email. I will post them as soon as possible. I am stuck at the border until morning when I have to take CD's bears to the Canadian Wildlife office to get a cites tag.

·
Banned
5,316 Posts
WOW !!! That's a huge hole. I didn't think the hole would be so round and so big. Any hole on any bear is a proving ground for any broadhead.

Wondering how the bone and ribs looked ???

·
Premium Member
11,009 Posts
Archery John Blaze said:
WOW !!! That's a huge hole. I didn't think the hole would be so round and so big. Any hole on any bear is a proving ground for any broadhead.

Wondering how the bone and ribs looked ???
On my first bear the broadheads cut the ribs on entry, again on exit, THEN plowed throught the entire length of the elbow. The broadhead was poking through the skin on the arm. Unbelievable.

I will post pics when I get across the border and can download pics from my phone.

·
Premium Member
11,009 Posts
Both of the bears we shot on the spot and stalk were complete pass throughs. We found the arrows about 15-20 PAST where the bears were. Like a hot knife through butter. Didn't even slow the arrows down. Was totally sick.

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
WHEW! :sad: :sad: :sad: I am so glad to see that the SF wound pictures didn't involve you guys. I was so sure it was going to be pictures of EACH of you after you tried to show someone how "sharp" the blades were by shaving your arms and somehow it ended up as a Silver Flame wound picture! :D :D :D :D :D

·
Premium Member
11,009 Posts
elkguide said:
WHEW! :sad: :sad: :sad: I am so glad to see that the SF wound pictures didn't involve you guys. I was so sure it was going to be pictures of EACH of you after you tried to show someone how "sharp" the blades were by shaving your arms and somehow it ended up as a Silver Flame wound picture! :D :D :D :D :D
Actually after I pulled the blade out of the bear I decided to show everyone in camp how nice the blade looked. I shaved my arm with it AFTER it cut a rib on the way in, the way out and killed the entire elbow. It wasn't a clean shave......but took about half the hair off my arm. CD witnessed it also. Took it into the day room, hit the blade with about four swipes per side with a fine stone and it shaved clean. Back in the quiver. :cool:

·
Registered
7,602 Posts
DOAGuide said:
enkriss said:
DOAGuide said:
I asked for an update again today. Hopefully I will get the tracking number and update on the third order I placed.
Does mean you received order2?
Not yet! It was shipped forever ago and hasn't got here yet which is why I asked for a tracking number.
Ok ... thanks for the update....so much for priority shipping!!!

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
I believe it was DHL Express, but customs can hold it for a long time.... :p

1 - 20 of 44 Posts