Archery Addix banner

String replacement?

2K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Guest 
#1 ·
My string looks fine right now but I was just curious how often you guys change your strings?

G
#5 ·
With the Ross strings, which I consider better than many stock strings, I won't change till I see it stretched or beginning to fray.......
I am a tight wad :wink: and only change em if I can see that it is worn or I have to add too many twists in it as it stretches.

#6 ·
strings

Well after 2000-3000 shots you should need a new one. Friend came over and he picked up a 334 a 331 at a pawn shop dirt cheap (shop fella didnt think they were "brand" name ) and he decided that since he didnt know the history he would restrng them and got Bucknasy over on AT to whip him up some custom color strings ,They looked awesome, I am color bind so dont ask colors but looked choice. and he said he only hadlike litle over 100 bucks in them.

#10 ·
I've got Vapor Trails on my Ultratec and Winners Choice on the HC. Both are working well, but I'm interested in "Crackers" for my next set. He goes by " Bucknasty " on AT if I'm not misstaken..?

QQQ..Do you send your bow to him to have them strung or just do them yourselves, pro shop, whatever..? I've heard he does an excellent job of setting your bow to spec's at the same time. Anyone have experience with him and his product?

BTW, I only change out strings/cable when the old one's show wear or excessive stretching...If it aint broke I don't fix it. BT

G
#11 ·
No Crackers and Bucknasty are 2 different people.

Crackers (Mike Carter) is the man when it comes to tuning bows....I like using him on my two cam/ binary cam bows but for my Ross bows, I just go with Mike Priester (yes, alot of "Mikes", to include my name) from H&M bowstrings.
Brand new String and cable set for $40.75 shipped for my 337 and they are SWEET.......

#12 ·
" No Crackers and Bucknasty are 2 different people. "

Ooops, good to know! Thanks for the clarification!

When I replaced the factory strings on the UT with Vapor Trails, I lost poundage...4 or 5 #'s. A lot in a 10# range, I feel.
It seem's to be timed properly and shoots well, but I'd like someone like Crackers, to tune it the next time it's due for strings.

I like it that the Ross bows come with a top flight string and cable set right out of the gate. BT

G
#13 ·
You loose poundage by the bow being outta of specs.....

My 334 was maxing out at 68 when I got it. I added twists to the cables and let out twists of the strings and got the cam lined up where it should be and it them went to 71 pounds and prefect timing.

If you time your bow perfect at 70 pounds then back it down to 60 it will also affect the cam timing. I had to retime my 337 when I kept it at 65 pounds versus the 70 pounds.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.