Archery Addix banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are these things REALLY worth the money? I mean c'mon, $110-$160 for a quiver? Do they really do all the things they say they do, and wouldn't you think they would INCLUDE the mount for HHA style sights for that price? Anyway, I haven't heard much about them and wanna know everything I can before I decide to drop that much cash on a quiver. Thanks!

·
Registered
306 Posts
In my apinion best quivers on the market the way they hug the bow and the adjustability to fit any arrow out there

Sent from my hand held hunting device

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In my apinion best quivers on the market the way they hug the bow and the adjustability to fit any arrow out there

Do they actually dampen noise and vibration as stated on their website? I have an Alpine soft loc now and I love it, the only problem is when I put it on the bow the farthest arrow from me sometimes hits against my HHA sight. Doesn't stay there, it only happens while taking it off or putting it on.

·
Premium Member
15,992 Posts

I agree - and I had to see it to believe it last year!!! Finally broke down an tried one, an I'm not turning back!

Yes, they do a good job of dampening. I it the best at dampening... I don't know about that, but it does dampen some nose/vibe and it surely doesn't add any noise/vibe to your bow!!!

·
Registered
7,602 Posts
In my opinion if you are going to shoot with the quiver on they are the best on the market. You can get them real close to the bow so there is minimal balance impact side to side and lots of adjustability up and down and for different size arrow shafts. The dont really make your bow quieter than without a quiver on but they do not add any noise either. The only problem is they are a little heavy.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Mine is going to be here today for my vendetta.I had a tough time with the price also but a 2 piece pse eclipse quiver was about the same price, and I wanted to be able to easily remove it to put in my bow case. I will post my findings here later.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Anyone had any compatibility problems with the Tightspot and a Limbdriver Pro V?

Blah, blah, yada, yada, yada...

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Adding mass to a bow will lessen peak vibration. The refractory period is the time between the initial pulse of vibration and when it stops oscillating (comes to rest). Adding mass decreases the size of the initial pulse, but doesn't necessarily affect the refractory period. Mathews Harmonic Dampeners are a good example. They lessen the initial pulse but elongate the refractory period. Sims Vibration won't make Harmonic Dampeners for Mathews because of this. Sims wants a decrease in initial pulse and a decrease in refractory period. I don't see how adding the mass of a quiver could shorten both refractory period and initial pulse. And yes, I have done studies into harmonics.

·
Premium Member
15,992 Posts
Anyone had any compatibility problems with the Tightspot and a Limbdriver Pro V?

Blah, blah, yada, yada, yada...
I did have to cant the quiver forward from top to bottom between 3-5 degrees on a couple bows to avoid contact between the LD lever arm and carbon rod on the quiver. Of course I could also have not seated the quiver so close to the riser as well, but that defeats the purpose of having the "Tight" Spot. This also just highlights the versatility and flexibility of this quiver!

·
Registered
7,602 Posts
I did have to cant the quiver forward from top to bottom between 3-5 degrees on a couple bows to avoid contact between the LD lever arm and carbon rod on the quiver. Of course I could also have not seated the quiver so close to the riser as well, but that defeats the purpose of having the "Tight" Spot. This also just highlights the versatility and flexibility of this quiver!
Could of also moved the quiver back towards the string more....

I actually had a harder time getting clearance for the tumb wheel on the QAD....

·
Premium Member
15,992 Posts
Adding mass to a bow will lessen peak vibration. The refractory period is the time between the initial pulse of vibration and when it stops oscillating (comes to rest). Adding mass decreases the size of the initial pulse, but doesn't necessarily affect the refractory period. Mathews Harmonic Dampeners are a good example. They lessen the initial pulse but elongate the refractory period. Sims Vibration won't make Harmonic Dampeners for Mathews because of this. Sims wants a decrease in initial pulse and a decrease in refractory period. I don't see how adding the mass of a quiver could shorten both refractory period and initial pulse. And yes, I have done studies into harmonics.
Don't mess with the Bow Only man... He's a smart dude, a little funny looking, but smart!

·
Premium Member
11,009 Posts
I agree - and I had to see it to believe it last year!!! Finally broke down an tried one, an I'm not turning back!

Yes, they do a good job of dampening. I it the best at dampening... I don't know about that, but it does dampen some nose/vibe and it surely doesn't add any noise/vibe to your bow!!!
I agree with 2xR....best quiver I have tried to date. And helps with dampening of vibe also. Excellent product!!!!!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts