Archery Addix banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
The tightspot quiver, IMO, is probably the best quiver on the market. I've used the tightspot HHA adapter and it works well, but it is heavy for what it does. The tightspot really shines when you use it in conjunction with an adjustable stabilizer to really fine tune the balance on your bow.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Thanks for the feedback guys! I'm still trying to decide, that's a lot of money to dump into a quiver that I might not like, and it's not like you can just try them out. I take my quiver off in the stand and put it on the little mounting bracket on my stand (for the Alpine), but I lost the darn thing already lol. I'd really like to find one that has a mount on it so I can just put it on a hook in the tree I'm in.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I love my tightspot as well, But before i dropped the money on one, I would try out the new G5 quiver.
Do they make an all black one? I want all black or carbon finish, I'm affraid the camo police will come arrest me if it doesn't match the bow lol. J/K

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
The closest one I found to the tightspot was an octane, and it's $90. After everything I've read, I think I'm gonna spend the money and buy the tightspot. I figure since I'm buying a good bow, I might as well not skimp on accessories. The only thing I don't like is having to shell out another $22 for the adjustable sight mounting bracket that shout come with it, but it is what it is lol

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
The closest one I found to the tightspot was an octane, and it's $90. After everything I've read, I think I'm gonna spend the money and buy the tightspot. I figure since I'm buying a good bow, I might as well not skimp on accessories. The only thing I don't like is having to shell out another $22 for the adjustable sight mounting bracket that shout come with it, but it is what it is lol
I just went through the same decision process. The octane has a bit more plastic which probably makes it a little lighter. I just got my tight spot mounted and they are top shelf. No noise during the shot. It fits nice and the outside of the arrows are even with the outside of my rest which is great. It didn't affect my side to side balance much at all.
Money well spent.

Sent from Sask

·
Registered
846 Posts
http://www.g5outdoors.com/product_detail/1968

try this one

And I had a hard time spending the money as well, but I was tired of other quivers dropping my arrows. I love my Tightspot, buy like I said before, for $50 I think i would give one of these a try. get a black one
I just bought one of these and really like it. For me its great, it has more adjustability because of the way it mounts that even the tight spot and it does not stick out that far. I have to have mine canted just for clearance. I do not liking my fletching sticking out past my bottom limb. I love my tight spot but I think that the G5 is a better less expenxive alternative.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Ok, so I ended up buying the Octane cause I found one for $60! It seems to be pretty well built, the only thing is I don't know if it will work with an HHA sight. Does anyone know if it will or will I have clearance issues?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have (reluctantly), just purchased the Tightspot based on rave reviews and a friends suggestion. The price is high, but what really gets me is, I am setting up a bow with a moveable sight (MBG Ascent/3 pin head), and I was worried I'd need the additional bracket to make it work. Now, I've been told over on AT I won't need the additional bracket for the MBG sight, BUT.....I think for what they get for the quiver they could throw in what appears to be no more than a piece of metal with a few holes in it. They want anywhere from $19-$25 extra for it. That's complete BS in my book.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just bought one of these and really like it. For me its great, it has more adjustability because of the way it mounts that even the tight spot and it does not stick out that far. I have to have mine canted just for clearance. I do not liking my fletching sticking out past my bottom limb. I love my tight spot but I think that the G5 is a better less expenxive alternative.

I looked at the G5 Head Loc too.....after I ordered the Tightspot. I found a brand new Head loc for $41 shipped (all black)....I feel like I should send the Tightspot back and get the G5, for 1/3 the $$$$

21 - 40 of 41 Posts