Archery Addix banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, has anyone tried these yet? Need pics, I seen a youtube video of some one destroying a rhinehart target with these. They look sick.. I just bought some rage chisel tips and ulmer edges but looks like I'll be testing these out on some does. Opinions guys???

·
Registered
769 Posts
Toxic Broadheads + Foam target = Free cheetos for everyone!!

Those things definitely chew up your targets. Looking forward to see some more results when season starts.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Toxic Broadheads + Foam target = Free cheetos for everyone!!

Those things definitely chew up your targets. Looking forward to see some more results when season starts.
They definitely will do some damage. My only question is durability, penetration through bone, and resharpening. There are too many (what seems to be) "one and done" broadheads out there. I don't feel comfortable spending $10+ on a single shot broadhead.

They look great, and they definitely seem to be a broadhead you don't practice with much. Very interested in future updates about this head.

--Alex

·
Registered
8,278 Posts
They definitely will do some damage. My only question is durability, penetration through bone, and resharpening. There are too many (what seems to be) "one and done" broadheads out there. I don't feel comfortable spending $10+ on a single shot broadhead.

They look great, and they definitely seem to be a broadhead you don't practice with much. Very interested in future updates about this head.

--Alex
That about sums it up I think. I dont care so much about the resharpening as long as the replacement blades are reasonable.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Bought a pack of replacement blades but my friend shot a 198 lb boar at 40 yards broadside. Double lung shot and can use it again without a problem

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
193 Posts
Bought a pack of replacement blades but my friend shot a 198 lb boar at 40 yards broadside. Double lung shot and can use it again without a problem

Doesn't sound too bad on quality then... Did he just hit ribs and shield or was there any shoulder contact? How was the penetration?

--Alex

·
Registered
150 Posts
Complete passthrough but no shield . If I can post pics I will of entry and exit. I can tell you buddyvsaid he saw blood fly from entry

·
Premium Member
8,248 Posts
Complete passthrough but no shield . If I can post pics I will of entry and exit. I can tell you buddyvsaid he saw blood fly from entry

Get pics please. There sharpeners available to re sharpen. Just sayin

·
Registered
63 Posts
Almost anything can be sharpened back up. Haven't gotten to the hunting aspect of archery yet, but I do like knives. With the curve of these blades a ceramic crock stick would do wonders I bet.

·
Premium Member
8,248 Posts
Almost anything can be sharpened back up. Haven't gotten to the hunting aspect of archery yet, but I do like knives. With the curve of these blades a ceramic crock stick would do wonders I bet.
That's what I was thinking.

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
My local shop has been shooting 3/8 plywood lots with them and they are holding up well. I think they are a great deer head but I won't use them as I would be scared to shoot a elk or moose with them. The way they core when they cut I would bet they lose a lot of penetration and could possibly jam up the plywood they shot got stuck in the head so your basically pushing that head full of crap through the body.

·
Registered
150 Posts
They are single bevel. I imagine you can sharpen but tough

·
Registered
5,897 Posts
I would like to see some of these pics for sure

1 - 20 of 57 Posts