Archery Addix banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
probably not until the deer season starts. we know they will slay pigs so now it is just a matter of waiting until the bigger game is shot with them.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I'd like to see penetration against a whitetail deer scapula or maybe a Muley. I don't know how good an idea a "coring" broadhead would be for elk and bigger game.

--Alex

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
We will see, I might try one out on an early season doe. I have yet to find a broadhead that I can say is the best. Almost every year I try something different. I'm trying the Rage chisel tips and Rage extremes this year as well as these toxics and ulmers!! $$$$ wait!!!!! 1 month away I'll hopefully be in Kentucky on the West Kentucky WMA

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yep. Field tip could kill with that placement. Nice shootin

Elite
Thank you sir! Their will to live is amazing. Finger sized hole clear through heart (yes, I stuck my finger through it hahaha) and he still ran 80 yards. I have the utmost respect for them

·
Registered
403 Posts
The toxics are bad $$$$$ I've shot a deer and a bear this year with them and they do some damage Ray Charles could track the animals with the blood trail they leave lol

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
I just found out that my Uncle is shooting these this year and I may be hunting with him in a couple of weeks. Hopefully I will get to see first hand the damage these do.

·
Registered
193 Posts
So now these broadheads have had a year or two what's everyone's opinion of them?

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
Uncle shot two with them. Recovered one and lost one. Said the blood trails were horrible. He ditched them and started shooting Schwakers.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
I can't see the point in these.....he hit a home run with the steelheads but the toxics are looking like foul tips ..

·
Registered
193 Posts
I was worried they wouldn't hold up to hitting something hard like bone and get poor penetration and cutting past the ribs cage/shoulder...

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I know one friend killed 2 deer with them. Didn't hear about the blood trail but saw the hole in the lung. And it didn't have 3 holes, just little slivers of where the blade went through. Pretty much like shooting it through paper and just having the paper cut where the blade contacted. I for sure won't use them

·
Registered
600 Posts
I shot a doe with this BH and the blood trail had my face literally on the ground searching for the next speck. I didnt even get a complete pass through and I lost the deer. I wouldn't shoot a squirrel with this BH.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I haven't had a problem with Toxics. No penetration issues and my blood trails are always good. Hitting bone will bend the blades a little, but that will happen on virtually every broadhead on the market. I'm not sure about resharpening, I've heard a round file will work, but I've found that the replacement blades are pretty inexpensive. Lastly, they make a practice tip now, so you don't have to worry about destroying your target.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts