Archery Addix banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's talk vanes, BUT for a very specific application.

Tell me what vane, brand, style and size you have had good luck using to steer a large profile fixed blade broadhead. Also on the flip side of you had poor results with a specific vane with those style heads I want to know that as well.

·
Registered
7,814 Posts
5" shield cut feathers fletched helical make my magnus bullheads fly great. That's about as large a profile fixed blade as they come.

Other than that. For several years now I've used Blazers fletched with an helical EZ mini and several heads have flown good. Nothing big though.

Reactions: Trial153

·
Premium Member
8,248 Posts
I had no problem with 2"RH offset Predators shooting GK125XL's. Changed to Raptors, haven't shot any large fixed blades with them yet.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
I've tried quite a few different 2 inch vanes.
The blazer shaped ones seem to work the best most times. I'm using the vantec version now. Qad exodus and slick trick fly great with them. They glue up the best for me.
I tried sk300s. They were a $$$$$ to glue and didn't fly any better. This spring in going to try some aae lower profile vanes in a 4 fletch just for fun.

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well it looks like Blazer style vanes are the consensus.

Anyone use any shield profile blazer height/ style like AAE Maxhunters?

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Any one try 3" vanetec V max?

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
Well it looks like Blazer style vanes are the consensus.

Anyone use any shield profile blazer height/ style like AAE Maxhunters?
I've tried the AAE Max hunters. I liked them, but they are not as durable as the Blazers. Also tried the AAE 2.6 once they buried up in the target they are done. The Blazers never wrinkle up in my experience with them.

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Jimmy if you want to try some Max hunters. I could send some your way.
Thank you!! But I think I have a package laying around. I am going to try them vs Blazers vs AAE with broadheads. See what works best at 50-75 yards. Going to be tossing big 125 grain solids with .5 bleeders at a moose so I want to see what if anything works better.

Reactions: JamesG

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
Thank you!! But I think I have a package laying around. I am going to try them vs Blazers vs AAE with broadheads. See what works best at 50-75 yards. Going to be tossing big 125 grain solids with .5 bleeders at a moose so I want to see what if anything works better.
Post some results when you test them.

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I sure will

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
I shoot Flex Fletch's SK 300. It's their cross bow vanes and are very accurate shooting Exodus, Solids or GK's out to 80 yards. I do not fletch them myself, the pro shop does.

·
Registered
878 Posts
All I've ever shot were fixed heads and have used AAE maxhunters, Predator vanes, VaneTec HP and Swifts, Nitro vanes and now using the low profile Nitro's.

Haven't had a problem steering 3 and 4 blade Muzzy's, SlickTrick standard and Magnum or Exodus heads with any of them.
Fletched all of them with helical from a Bitz and now an EZ mini.
Using the low pro Nitro's with Exodus heads currently and like how quiet they are out of my bow.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
3 VaneTec HP 2" fletched with a heavy helical and VaneTec vmax 2.5" fletched 4 fletch helical both worked good for me

·
Registered
595 Posts
One vane that did not for me was flex fletch sk200...not so good
Odd. I've had the exact opposite experience. The SK200 does just fine with my RazorHawk broadheads.

Of course, I only use those when I can't use FOBs. They work great.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts