Archery Addix banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,188 Posts
Where you making adjustments every time or almost every time?

If not either raise the rest or lower nocking point and work on a more repeatable grip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No adjustments. I was trying to sight in my new sight and it kept giving me trouble so I decided to shoot some paper and had these bad rips. I'm getting a new set of strings put on Tuesday so I'll check after that. They are going to check timing and all that.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm frustrated as hell though. Before I changed my sight I had really tight groups and now I'm all over. Plus I changed to a thumb release and the jury is still out on that one.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
If you just changed to a handheld release that could be your grip causing the tear. That's a pretty big change to your form. I would get comfy shooting that handheld for a week or to and then try the paper again

Pse

·
Registered
7,602 Posts
If I had to guess what's going on here.

I would assume the you were torquing with the index release and you tuned the bow that way to your consistent torquing with the index finger.

You probably had a tough time with broadhead tuning and did what you needed to get them to group with feildtips.

Now you have a thumb release and probably not torquing as much and you see the result.

I could be completely wrong but I doubt it...

Shoot the thumb release for a couple weeks and come back tune.

·
Registered
7,602 Posts
Your anchor point is going to change from wrist to thumb release. You'll need to adjust the dloop and peep sight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
I am gonna disagree and say not necessarily.

You should still have the same anchors of nose to string and string across corner of mouth.

The only thing that changes is hand position.

·
Registered
8,188 Posts
I am gonna disagree and say not necessarily.

You should still have the same anchors of nose to string and string across corner of mouth.

The only thing that changes is hand position.
Most the guys I have helped to switch to a thumb release have had to play with the dl of the bow to get the anchors back to where they needed to be.

My oldest is the one exception. I think the difference for him was he always had the WS on pretty tight. Lot of guys leave them kinda loose so they don't feel restricting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
With a handheld my anchor was middle finger knuckle at the bottom of my jawbone. With a strap index knuckle under my earlobe. I had to adjust everything when I changed

Pse

·
Registered
7,602 Posts
Your adjusting hand position when you change to a thumb release. The only thing that you should be changing if anything is the dloop length. If your changing your draw length then it was incorrect to begin with...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.