Archery Addix banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dick_Cheney- 1994.

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6BEsZMvrq-I" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

· Registered
331 Posts
1994 and 2001 are 2 very different things.
I personally think we should've taken out Saddam the first time around. H.W. Bush was wrong and his son is cleaning up his mess now. 8)

We may have lost some lives (relatively few in comparison to previous wars) and for that I am truly sorry but their deaths were not and are not in vain! They gave their lives for the betterment of the world.

I'm so freaking sick of the liberals in the country trying to tear it down and make the US look bad! :-D

AMERICA, LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I won't debate it, I will keep my mouth shut.....

but if you ever get the chance to do 4 combat tours in Iraq, you feelings might change. :)

· Registered
331 Posts
My comments weren't directed at you or anyone else in particular, but rather at an attitude that I see too often displayed by the liberals/media in this country.

I have served in the military although never in combat. However, my brother has and I know what it was like for him and the family to have his and their lives turned upside down for 1 tour, so I can definitely respect and sympathize with your position. Having to do multiple tours definitely sucks! Thank you for doing so! :(

On the other hand I believe it is wrong for a man who has chosen the life of a soldier to openly bash or try to discredit those who are leading the country you have chosen to serve and defend.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Believer said:
On the other hand I believe it is wrong for a man who has chosen the life of a soldier to openly bash or try to discredit those who are leading the country you have chosen to serve and defend.
I wasn't bashing or discrediting any leaders.......but this is where I have to disagree with you.
You see, being a 5X combat vet going on 6th time and the 4th during the same war...on top of losing a cousin, a childhood friend, 7 soldiers, and 6 very close friends in the last 17 years....
I consider it my right to speak my mind anytime I want. :)
I am not a "Sheep" and I never will be, I tend to speak my mind right or wrong...believe me, many dislike what I have to say or for my thoughts, but it has gotten me this far in life; thru bullets flying in serveral different countries, being in a conflict zone that you will never hear about or losing friends in a place that will never be published, IEDs explosions from school buses, taxies, and medical vehicles right next to you that cause blood to run out your ears.....or watching a 9 year old girl dying in your arms cause some National Guard soldiers couldn't tell the difference between outgoing and incoming artillery and fired up what ever was in front of them because a crowd of kids playing soccer looked suspicious.

I consider myself lucky in my life....I think my actions and perceptions have helped my luck become more of a "skill" getting thru the days and making it home to my wife and daughters.......

· Registered
5,052 Posts
Believer said:
I don't believe anyone here is discrediting anyone, just providing information that many of us are probably unaware of. Mike.....I know I appreciate the sacrifices that you and your family have made both past and present :(

· Registered
159 Posts
Wow, were do I start? I grew up as a kid in the "Viet nam" era. I have friends who have experienced combat, some talk about it, some don't. I see a picture of "the last rub" and think it's sad. I will never experience what my friends have seen or done, nor the sacrifice of this country's armed forces today...I am sincerly appreciative and grateful...THANK YOU!!! and GODS SPEED HOME :( John Abb Scroggins.

· Registered
680 Posts
even me being pro military action, i have reservations with combat.

Personally everyone has the right to question, its the only way that the right answer (if there ever truely is a right answer) will ever be found.

ive had family serving in Iraq, and i personally feel they have every right to question why. They just dont have the ability to question orders for the most part...

very little people if any choose to join the service to die.

im not much an online debater, but personally i feel we lost any chance to "win" the iraq war when the politicians took over....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.