Archery Addix banner

1 - 20 of 1915 Posts

·
Registered
16,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aight so I am not known on this site at all, but still hope y'all will take a peek at this build. For those that know me I am into heavy poundage/high performance bows that will clear stomp anything walking, and I mean anything not just deer. Well I have been trying to get a bow built for a lil while now and called every company out there that I thought might remotely agree to building a 120# bow. Of course no one agreed lol hell most couldn't hang the phone up fast enough. The APA reaction was the best and i quote "No, oh God no!" click lol. So I was talking to my buddy Breathn and telling him about the numbers I wanna hit and he gets to scheming on a plan. I get a text from him a few days later while I am sitting in a treestand with this pic photo(12).JPG and it says how about if I can build you a 33" ATA bow with with these limbs that goes to XXXlbs. We talked numbers and ran calculators and finally decided that we thought it would do what we wanted so I told John to move forward with the X-Roid build. Now folks are prolly wondering why is it called the X-Roid well here is the base bow I bought to get started photo(14).JPG yup PSE HF6. So now you know its a roided up X-Force. So I got the bow and shipped it down to John to get started. Now I had a lot of work to do too. See this bow was gonna be pimpin from top to bottom, gotta look good too. :smoker: I also had to get another thing outta the way before I got too deep into the X-Roid project, well my wife more so than me. I had a son coming due Feb 3rd lil whack musta wanted daddy to get his bow as early as possible cause he came 2.5 weeks early so my newest lil bowhunter is here photo(11).jpg thanks lil man:baby: Now on with the X-Roid.

·
Registered
16,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok well first thing i did was get on the horn with onestringer (awesome company by the way if you need wraps or decals they are top notch) and had them send me some wraps custom like for the X-Roid
photo(15).jpg
so i painted up some 2419's flat black and fletched them up and grained them out. after cutting down to size they should weigh in about 680 grains going down range.
photo(10).jpg photo(8).jpg

·
Registered
16,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
well breathn got the bow and couldnt take it had to stick it together even with the old strings on it and see if it deflected as high as he thought it would. so i get this pic in a text that says X-Roid XXXlbs. I aint giving away specs this early lol:27:
photo(13).JPG

so ol breathn had to fire it through a chrono with one of the 650 grain arrows i sent him just to see what it would do with no tune, less than good string and no speed nocks just slapped together. and i got a text that it went XXXfps so what we thought it would do was right on target. once agian no specs slipping lol:nono:

·
Registered
16,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
next step send the bow to Hanover Hydrographics to get it dipped. We came up with a great idea. This is gonna catch on big time here is the dip pattern.
photo(7).JPG

·
Registered
16,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so while we are waiting for it at the dippers i figured i would work on getting some more pimpin done on the bow. I found a phantom rest and shipped to john and found a range rover truglo sight and of course had to paint it flat black as well. also made a hi-rise mount for the kwikee kwiver yup thats right still love the ol kwikee's and I had to pimp it out too. Whack logo on the hood on top of flat black. oh well here are the pics.
photo(9).jpg photo(5).jpg photo(4).jpg photo(6).jpg photo(1).jpg

·
Registered
16,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So this is where we stand now. John has the bow back from Hanover it looks awesome he sent pics. I just need to finish the custom stabilizer for it and then go pick it up on the 11th. So yeah we are 7 days away. Oh I dont know that I gave a real good indication of what this rig will do. I currently am shooting a CSS Encore i call the "Black Mamba" now its making 105KE and .78 MO and this bow will flat make those look likes childs play. Its gonna be awesome

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
Awesome looking project. What is the DL going to be?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Nice pink fuzzy teaser on AT.. That was priceless.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Its got this old boy thinking

·
Registered
720 Posts
Cool project. looking forward to seeing the finished product.

1 - 20 of 1915 Posts