Archery Addix banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't own an AR yet but plan to buy one this next week. I have an opportunity to buy a Hogan AR 15 way below MSRP. One buyer pulled out of an order and now I have an opportunity to buy right. I have other black guns but never owned an AR..........

Link to Hogan's website located in Phoenix: Hogan Guns - Original Manufacturer of Short Stroke AR Gas Piston Systems. Custom AR Style Rifles for .223 and .308 Platforms

It's their H-223 and is cerakoted in green color.

Any thoughts or comments are appreciated.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
Looks like a real nicely built weapon! Is it .223 or 5.56 NATO? I would have loved to have bought a piston operated gun, but I bought when the market was just at the point of going crazy. Buy it....We'll toss some lead at those dang Black squirrels!

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a .223.......okay I'll buy it if my wife asks, I'll blame it on you. Lol

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
Aw, she luvs me! You'll be good! LOL!

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
Only reason I asked about the chamber is became they swapped description in their header and body.....Better if it's 5.56 NATO, because you can use both the 5.56 and the .223 rounds.

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good point Cord, I'll be with the dealer tomorrow and ask him. Flying back to warmer weather tonight.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
116 Posts
They make a good rifle. I have H&K's, but the HOGAN would be my second choice.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Only reason I asked about the chamber is became they swapped description in their header and body.....Better if it's 5.56 NATO, because you can use both the 5.56 and the .223 rounds.
Agreed...especially if its going to be a SHTF rifle. Make sure it has M4 feed ramps on the upper receiver and barrel. Also ask about the twist rate, should be stamped on the barrel. For your standard 5.56 55grn & 62grn rounds I like a 1:7 twist on a 16" barrel. Best thing about AR's is if you don't like something or want to try something different you can customize and play with the configurations to suit your setup. last piece of advice is to double check your state laws to ensure its compliant...with all the craziness over the past year laws are changing and some MFG don't necessarily tailor your setup to your state laws. In NJ you can't have a collapsible stock, compensator needs to be pinned and few other nuances. Probably not an issue where you live George but better to know upfront. Good luck, their fun to shoot....even more fun to build yourself!

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
only thing i noticed is the twist is 1x8 instead of 1x7...the heavier bullets are harder to stabilize with the slower twist.

Reactions: gkonduris

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have a 1:8 twist on my air, twenty four inch barrel though, and it shoots 69 grain match kings into clover leafs at one hundred yards.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
.223 wyde is better than 5.56

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 53 Posts